Year of Love Project

Day One: Hi My Sweetheart


Hi My Sweetheart Promotional Poster
Chen Bao Zhu, Xue Hai/Lin Da Lang 


So, my first post for my project is about a Taiwanese drama called 'Hi My Sweetheart'. I've been watching it via Mysoju.com (Hi My Sweetheart videos linked at the bottom of the post in Related Links) since the beginning of December, and I'm completely hooked. Not only do I love Rainie's acting, and for my first time seeing Show Lo acting, I'm impressed by his as well. And of course, since I am a fan of the Pink Panther cartoons, I can't help but love Lin Da Lang and the shows Pink Panther dance. 
There are a lot of little things that really make this show stand out to me, not just the acting, but also the soundtrack, the little animations and random comedic moments where Xue Hai is talking to himself and momentarily reverts back to his Lin Da Lang voice. All in all, I think it's a great show, and I can't wait until more episodes are out.You can read more below, or check out the links at the bottom of the post if you'd like to watch the episodes already out (the show is still airing on tv, so you can only watch up to episode 9 currently).


This part may contain spoilers!
'Hi My Sweetheart' is a funny and touching show about the sheltered geek Xue Hai (known as Lin Da Lang to his schoolmates) and his first love, the school bully Chen Bao Zhu. Chen Bao Zhu is a tough girl that nobody wants to be friends with, but the naive Xue Hai befriends her and begins to see a different side of Chen Bao Zhu that his schoolmates are unaware of. A few days before their graduation, Chen Bao Zhu is in a bad accident, and misunderstandings cause the two to lose contact. Thinking that he has been dumped by the love of his life, Xue Hai transforms himself into a playboy, and Chen Bao Zhu moves out on her own to Taiwan with the help of her high school senior, Yan Feng.


Details
Title: 海派甜心 / Hai Pai Tian Xin
English title: Hi My Sweetheart
Also known as: Play Boy and Sweetheart / Shanghai Sweetheart
Genre: Romance, comedy
Broadcast network: CTS / GTV
Broadcast period: 2009-Nov-01 to 2010
Air time: Sunday 22:00 - 23:30
Opening theme song: Head Over Heels in Love (愛瘋頭) by Show Lo
Ending theme song: Rain Love (雨愛) by Rainie Yang

Synopsis
Xue Hai was a certifiable dork when he first arrived in Shanghai. After his schoolmate Bao Zhu saved him from bullying, she became his first love. Then, a misunderstanding caused them to lose contact when she moved back to Taiwan. He thought she dumped him. So he transformed himself from a dork to a hunk in order to seek revenge. 



 Hi My Sweetheart Promotional Poster
Yan Feng, Chen Bao Zhu, Xue Hai/Lin Da Lang  

Cast
Main Cast
Show Lo as Xue Hai / Lin Da Lang
Rainie Yang as Chen Bao Zhu
Lee Wei as He Yan Feng
Maggie Wu as Mo Li
Extended Cast
Nikki Deng as Wang Ye Qian
Zhang Yi Mei as Li Jia Jia
Fang Fang as Xue Bo
Xiang Yu Jie as Xue Pei
Wang Yue as Wang Yu Lan
Wen Shuai as Chen Run Fa
Jiang Qi Lin as Ba Shuang
Liu Rui as Wu Ke
Chen Bi Wei as Gao Gang
Yin Chong Zhen as Hui Min
Shi Zhen Long as A Gen
Xie Li Jin
Chocolate Lai

Production Credits
Producer: Chai Zhi Ping
Director: Lin He Long





Related Links:
Wikipedia - Hi My Sweetheart
Drama Addicts Wiki - Hi My Sweetheart
Watch Hi My Sweetheart on Mysoju
0 comments:

Post a Comment

Days Left


Most Recent Comments

Followers

About the Year of Love Project

Simply put, I am going to write a blog post everyday for a year about something I love. After watching the movie Julie & Julia, and realizing I needed something to help me get away from the winter blues, I decided that a blog would be a good idea.

So everyday, I'll be making a post about something that makes me smile, laugh, feel excited, or cheer me up. It could be anything from a movie I can't get enough of, or a video game I've played so many times I had to buy a new copy after the original one.

Read More >>