Year of Love Project

Day Six: Kyoto Foodie


Yum, yum! Doesn't that look just delicious? I got so hungry from that picture alone that I had to make myself something to eat...

Anyone that knows me probably knows that I really love asian culture, especially Japanese! So I suppose it's not really a surprise that I'm just in love with the site Kyoto Foodie, a site for anyone who is planning to, or already in Kyoto and looking for great places to eat. I of course don't expect that I'll be on Kyoto anytime soon, unless I win a lot of money, but I still love the site nonetheless. Just looking at all the pictures of amazing food and reading the articles not only makes me insanely hungry, but makes me want to visit Japan even more.

Are you planning a trip to Kyoto? Did you just arrive and you haven’t found the places to dine yet? Japan, especially Kyoto can be a difficult place to find the local color. The historic places don’t change much, so a guide book can be relied upon. But seeing the sights works up quite an appetite, then it’s time to eat! But where? The guide books are weak on this point. Blogs and social media are the place to go for the this information. And just what is it that we are eating? Find out where (and what) the locals are eating from some longtime residents of Kyoto, both ex pat and Japanese here on Kyoto Foodie!
- Quoted from Kyoto Foodie's About page

I see these often on anime as well as asian drama's, and each time I'm so sad I can't try one myself. They look so good!

Kyoto Foodie has a lot of great content on their site, from articles about restaurants, from where to buy certain items in Kyoto such as Soy Sauce Candy or Mochi Mochi 'Mushi Pan' Steamed Bread, to recipes and how to prepare certain things like fresh bamboo shoots. Even if you don't plan to be in Kyoto ever, this site will at least make you drool with all the beautiful pictures of delicious food. If anything, it will make you wish you could run out to the store and pick up ingredients to try making some of these delicious dishes yourself (though I know for a fact the stores where I live don't sell the things I would need).


 Peko fruit flavored vinegar chocolates, I wish I could bite into one of those right now!

Aside from all the pictures of food, there is also a lot of information in every post that I find interesting. Whether it's what time of year a certain ice cream is sold, or about how certain holidays are celebrated in Japan as opposed to North America, there is always something new to be learned! Not surprisingly, my favorite posts from Kyoto Foodie are the ones about junk food! I have read many of their posts on particular junk foods (such as the Fruit Vinegar Chocolate Bonbon's linked/pictured above) found in Kyoto many times over, and so jealous that I'm not able to find any fun treats like those here.


The bottom of the Kit-Kat package actually says to eat chilled! Yummy!

I can't wait for the day that I can finally visit Kyoto and try all of these amazing treats and dishes, and hopefully I'll leave each and every one of them! At least I'll be able to take pictures of the food myself and drool over them later when I come back home!


Apologies for a bit of a shorter post today, it's hard to write about much of anything with enthusiasm with a splitting headache. :(
0 comments:

Post a Comment

Days Left


Most Recent Comments

Followers

About the Year of Love Project

Simply put, I am going to write a blog post everyday for a year about something I love. After watching the movie Julie & Julia, and realizing I needed something to help me get away from the winter blues, I decided that a blog would be a good idea.

So everyday, I'll be making a post about something that makes me smile, laugh, feel excited, or cheer me up. It could be anything from a movie I can't get enough of, or a video game I've played so many times I had to buy a new copy after the original one.

Read More >>